• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

THS Flag Football Goes to the Playoffs

The Tracy High School flag football team had an impressive first year, making that made it to the first-round playoffs. Although the team took a tough loss, they set the bar high for the future players of the program. Yet, the season did not end without them being crowned TCAL Champions first.

The team had a rough first half against Granite Bay. Late in the first half, Aliya Tipton scored a touchdown, tying the game going into half time.

Unfortunately, in the second half there were a few interceptions, helping Granite Bay inevitably put the team one touchdown ahead.

Addison Riddle, varsity wide receiver and defensive back, believes the season went well overall and the team played well.

“I’m proud of us, I’m proud of where we came from, where we went,” Riddle said. “For our first year we did awesome, and we are going to come back better and stronger than ever.”

Another player, Kaitlyn Terry, who is also a varsity wide receiver and defensive back, seemed pleased with the teams overall performance on the year.

“Having 10 wins in a row after a tough loss in the middle of the season was accomplishing,” Terry said. “It feels really cool to be the first ever flag football team for Tracy High and I’m excited to have our name in the gym.”

Coach Chris Myers and Coach David Brown had a couple words to say after the game as well.

“Well, we performed well beyond what we thought we would,” Myers explained. “We always knew we had talent, that we would win some games, but we didn’t know we would win The TCAL Championship and make it to the playoffs right away.”

Brown agreed.

“Yeah, with Tracy being kind of a big-time football school, growing up both Myers and I played here, coached here, and went to school here,” Brown said, agreeing with Myers. “So, to kind of be able to carry on that legacy in a different capacity is exciting and the growth that we are going to make from year one to year two, we are excited.”

Overall the THS flag football team had an amazing season and the team is excited to return next year.