• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

2023 World Series Preview

Photo+Credit%3A+Gregory+Fisher+
Photo Credit: Gregory Fisher

Major League Baseball’s thrilling postseason is about to reach its final stage with the World Series matchup between the Texas Rangers and Arizona Diamondbacks. They have both proved their toughness against great teams to claim their pennants. The Rangers are looking to win the World Series for the first time in 62 years. The Diamondbacks look to continue surprising many by winning in their first World Series appearance since 2001. This could prove to be a great series as both the Rangers and Diamondbacks have proven resilience by fighting their way from Wild Card spots to where they are now.

World Series Schedule

Game 1: Fri, Oct. 27

Game 2: Sat, Oct. 28

Game 3: Mon, Oct. 30

Game 4: Tue, Oct. 31

Game 5 (if needed): Wed, Nov. 1

Game 6 (if needed): Fri, Nov. 3

Game 7 (if needed): Sat, Nov. 4

World Series Prediction

Both teams have been incredible throughout the postseason and have proven to be clutch in many key moments. However, with the combination of great hitters and managerial experience in the World Series, I do expect the Rangers to beat the Diamondbacks in six games.

Texas Rangers

The Rangers showed off great hitting in clutch moments as they won the American League pennant with their most recent victory in the seven-game series against the Houston Astros. Adolis Garcia was the most notable leader for the Rangers in the ALCS after he was fired up when Bryan Abreu intentionally hit him with a pitch. Garcia ended the series with five home runs, 15 runs batted in, seven runs scored, and the ALCS MVP award. The Rangers also had great production from the rest of their lineup with Jonah Heim, Corey Seager, Marcus Semien, and Josh Jung. The pitcher that has proven to be their main worker for the starting rotation has been Jordan Montgomery as he has only given up six runs in his five games during the postseason. Bruce Bochy has also been a key factor to the success the Rangers have had this postseason with three World Series titles with The San Francisco Giants and is taking advantage of this experience by leading the Rangers to his fourth World Series appearance. With these factors in mind, the Rangers can continue their success by beating the Diamondbacks in the World Series.

Arizona Diamondbacks

The Diamondbacks have arguably been the most surprising team this postseason after they fought their way from the last seed in the National League all the way to the World Series. The combination of clutch hitting and great production out of their pitchers has helped them throughout this run, especially in their seven-game series against the Phillies. Ketel Marte brought home the NLCS MVP in his first ever time in the postseason after being one of the lead bats and recording a hit in every game so far. Some of the other notable players on their lineup include Corbin Carroll, Gabriel Moreno, and Lourdes Gurriel Jr. The Diamondbacks have also had great outings from their workhorses on the starting rotation with Zac Gallen and Merrill Kelly. Even with the amount of doubt that people have placed on the Diamondbacks throughout the season, they have consistently proved them wrong and can continue that trend by claiming the World Series title this year.