• Scholar & Athlete is the Tracy High School student newspaper
  • Email for newspaper adviser - Brandon Red, [email protected]
  • Tracy High School - 315 East Eleventh Street - Tracy, California 95376 - Phone 209.830.3360
The student news site of Tracy High School

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Scholar & Athlete

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

API Club

API Club

The most looked forward to event for API during the school year is the night rally. API is the Asian Pacific Islanders Club which is a welcoming and appreciation club at Tracy High School. The club focuses on the importance of Filipino culture. Not only that, but it also creates a place for students to come together and bond through activities and practices. 

The API club members spent weeks practicing and preparing the dances for their performance at the night rally. Lots of teamwork and working through the hardships brought the members closer together.  

“The best part about performing at the night rally through all my years is at the end doing the API chant, hearing all the great comments from friends and family, and making another great memory,” Alyssa Paet, API club president, said.  

Paet has been in API since her sophomore year and is now a senior. She has continued being a proud member of the club throughout her high school experience. She was a co-vice president her junior year and is now the president of the club. She shares that the best part throughout the years was all the memories she made performing in front of people. API has given her the opportunity to grow more as a person and become more comfortable in herself.  

“I have been in API since sophomore year, API brings people together of many different cultures,” Leilani Ruvalcaba stated.  

Julianne San Diego’s favorite part of being in API is also being able to make great memories. “It’s fun and we get to make great memories, it’s the highlight of my senior year,” San Diego, the club representative, shared.  

Every year, API looks forward to the night rally as it’s their first big performance of the school year. API utilizes the night rally to show what the club has to offer for incoming freshmen and their families. 

API has put in a lot of effort over the past few weeks and delivered an amazing performance for the THS students during the night rally.